[rescue] The onyx godness

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 10 22:24:17 CST 2003

Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
> I was just playing around with the onyx (sans mouse), and when it
> boots, it just comes up through what seems to be a normal booting
> process, but stops at a line that say something to the effect of
> System Ready (don't remember the actual words) and i get no login
> prompt or anything.  I was rather expecting a graphical login screen
> much like the ones i get on the o2 and indigo.  Should not be
> expecting that?  Right now, i'm figuring that the OS was FUBAR'ed
> before i got the machine, and that i need to install a fresh copy of
> 6.5.

It could be that the system was configured to do I/O through the serial.
 Have you tried that?

It could also be the system was configured to boot into some wierd
runlevel, or  a runlevel without graphics?

Need media to install a good system?

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."