[rescue] The onyx godness

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Jan 10 21:39:55 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 22:28, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
>
> > > Tell ya what, I'll trade you both for an Onyx ;-)
> >
> > Hmmm... somehow that doesn't sound like too great of a deal......
> > ...for either of us, really..
> >

> Nuts.  Can't blame a guy for trying :)

So, while we're on the subject...

I was just playing around with the onyx (sans mouse), and when it boots,
it just comes up through what seems to be a normal booting process, but
stops at a line that say something to the effect of System Ready (don't
remember the actual words) and i get no login prompt or anything.  I was
rather expecting a graphical login screen much like the ones i get on
the o2 and indigo.  Should not be expecting that?  Right now, i'm
figuring that the OS was FUBAR'ed before i got the machine, and that i
need to install a fresh copy of 6.5.

	-Dan Sikorski