[rescue] Crays and Hippi

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jan 10 16:22:13 CST 2003

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 05:09 PM, roosmcd at dds.nl wrote:
>  Somebody is chopping up lots of Cray stuff and putting it on eBay. The
> miniature Cray paperweight looks nice, but I seem to remember a
> similar one
> sold on eBay for over $100... More practical might be this:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/
> eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2300036801&category=1479
>
>  Cray Research J90 HIPPI Card, sold by Cray itself.

   Yes I looked at that, the problem is that it's not a whole HIPPI
interface.  The J90 uses two boards, one for TX and one for RX, to
implement its HIPPI interface.

   Cray has been selling a lot of stuff on eBay lately.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols