[rescue] The onyx godness

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Jan 10 15:53:43 CST 2003

"Jeffrey J.Nonken" <jeff_work at nonken.net> says ...

[on the subject of putting PC keyboards

> I can't speak for anybody else, but I've got a bunch of PC stuff and two
> SS20s. It would be nice to add the two Sun boxen to the stack without
having
> to try to fit two more keyboards and mice into my work area, but all I've
got
> is a Belkin PS/2 KVM and a limited budget. (And I can't really run the
SPARCs
> anywhere else, unless I go remote, because I have exactly one monitor in
the
> house that will support them.)

I run my Sun LX "semi-headless".  I have a keyboard and monitor hooked up,
but almost never use 'em.  My usual access is via X from my wireless laptop.
I could just as well have the machine in the closet down the hall, except
that it has the backup tape drive.  Absent that, though, I'd have it
somewhere where I could get to it if physical access were required, even if
it were inconvenient.

-Shel