[rescue] Re: "grey" suns

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Jan 10 15:14:49 CST 2003

> That said, several Sun techs did tell me (again this
> was 3 years ago) that because of the consolidation of
> the European nations (currency et al) that systems I
> had in Britain and such could not be included in the
> one umbrella maint contract like those in the
> US/Canada.

Hum... Britain has been a part of the EU for over 30 years, why would it
be an issue now for SUN? Britain is not part of the Euro zone however, so
I guess SUN is just trying to weasel out of possible contractual
obligations? Or is it that systems in Britain can not be included in maint
contracts that are used for the rest of the EU?