[rescue] The onyx godness

Jeffrey J.Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Fri Jan 10 15:07:05 CST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:56:03 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Eric Webb wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 09 January 2003 10:54 pm, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez
wrote:

> > > Far all of you with old SGI's and no keyboard (Crimson, Indigo, Onyx)
> > > here is a cool page to fabricate a PS2 converter:
> > >
> > > http://rshockley.dyndns.org/indigo.htm
> >
> > Gee, I wish you could find a schematic for use on a Sun ;)
>
> Which way, PC keyboard to SUN or SUN keyboard to PC?
>
> (I am very partial towards type 5, I can not stand normal peecee keyboard)

I can't speak for anybody else, but I've got a bunch of PC stuff and two
SS20s. It would be nice to add the two Sun boxen to the stack without having
to try to fit two more keyboards and mice into my work area, but all I've got
is a Belkin PS/2 KVM and a limited budget. (And I can't really run the SPARCs
anywhere else, unless I go remote, because I have exactly one monitor in the
house that will support them.)

So my vote would be to use PC stuff on the Sun box... but I can surely see
why
either one would be desireable.

OTOH, I like to call myself an embedded systems software engineer. Sometimes
even believe it. Perhaps I'm looking at my next project?

Hmmm.

---
Crime is merely politics without the excuses.