[rescue] StorEdge Expansion Cabinet (rackmount)

Todd Killingsworth tkilling at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 10 10:10:27 CST 2003

Hello all -

I've not had the luck of others in finding SGIs, Suns, and HPs in dumpsters
or on curbsides.

But I've got a chance to pick up a "Delorean" StorEdge Expansion Cabinet.
The official Sun blurb is:

"72-inch StorEdge Expansion Rack w/ 2 power sequencers and
cables.  The StorEgde Expansion Rack is intended for a
variety of Storage Products including the A1000/D1000,
A3000, A5000, and tape products. The rack is 24" wide and
72" tall. This rack will include power sequencers and power
cables."

I'm trying to see if I can use this practically.

It would be nice to replace my 2x4 "tiki tower" holding all of my equipment
currently.

How many of you use rackmounts?  I've never used one before.  Can it fit
non-sun equipment?  The desc list height and width, is there a standard
depth for all systems?

Is it a PITA to get rackmount kits for equipment?

Thanks for your insights -

Todd Killingsworth