[rescue] Re: The onyx godness

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Fri Jan 10 08:56:21 CST 2003

>This can be done without any custom hardware at all.  The pre-USB Sun
>keyboard (and mouse) interface is vanilla async serial.  Both normally run
>at 1200bps but the port can be clocked higher for better responsiveness
>(my mice run at 4800)..

Aren't they voltages TTL level, not RS-232?

I've been thinking for some time it would be handy to enable the mouse and
keyboard ports as generic serial ports under OpenBSD, so that I could
quickly interface to embedded projects (such as the webpal and recent GPS
modules) that speak TTL level '232 without having to tie on a MAX232.

newell