[rescue] R8k I2's

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Jan 7 19:07:41 CST 2003

> get one for the collection (mostly because it's a good point about
> higher MHz isn't always faster).

Hum.... I would not put the R8K as a good example. Sure code optimized
almost by hand after several virgins were sacrificed on a full moon night,
ran very quickly on the R8K. As long as it was FP and fitted nicely on the
cache, other than that the machine really blew.

For a better example of a better balanced slow MHZ computer, I recomend
the the POWER I/II from IBM... they had pretty good FP but they could hold
their own on Int code too.