[rescue] Wanted: RS/6000 7012 Accessories

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 7 12:16:28 CST 2003

On 7 Jan 2003, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> I'm searching for the following items for my recently acquired RS/6000
> 7012:
>
> Keyboard (the port looks like a PS2, but reading on the net, it doesn't
> look like I can use a standard PS2 keyboard)

Since it appears that you don't have an OS, I would suggest that you get
AIX >= 4.  AIX >= 4 supports PS/2 keyboards.  You'll just be short the
in-keyboard speaker.

> Serial cable

Uses a regular DB25 -> DB25 I believe.

> Installation media (the machine has a 3.5 floppy)

It would be much easier to use a CD-ROM drive attached to the internal
SCSI bus.

> Video card (more monitors means more geek!)

What kind do you want?  I think I have a couple extra.

Peace...  Sridhar