[rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Mon Jan 6 06:20:49 CST 2003

> > > Since I just moved recently, my friends who helped me move got to see
> > > all my computer stuff.  They've talked about my "hardware store" for
> > > quite some time.
>
> > An I thought I was the only one.  I run "mission control" according to
> > friends and family.  Perhaps we should all get together
> > sometime.  Obviously we have more computing power between a few list
> > members than some third or even second world countries.
>
> Heh, my friends call my corner computer desk with three monitors on it
> the "mad scientist" setup.  If I could get another set of monitors
> stacked over these, maybe I could have mission control.  Hmm...

Mission Control was what the guys at work called the 4-monitor Linux box
I set up. I had put 2 and 3 monitors on one box before, just wanted to
see if it could be done. It was actually pretty useful for running
DiskSuite (remotely) with two monitors for the main window ("canvas" on
one and metadevices on another), one monitor for the "disk view" and one
for a telnet session...

At home the 4 visible monitors are all on different machines. ;)

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
ssandau at bath.tmac.com