[rescue] IRIX Java experiences?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jan 5 22:53:44 CST 2003

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Any folks here have experience with Java running on IRIX?

It's pretty slow, and you can look forward to always being at least a
JRE-release behind everyone else.  Other than that, the latest versions
work like you'd expect them to work.  It's an only development platform.

> I know a few folks here were working heavily with Java and had beliefs
> as to which platform to go with.

Solaris isn't bad.  IMHO, Windows isn't bad[0].  Some people swear by
MacOS.

[0] I should qualify that.  Windows is a pile of shit.  However, it's
    no more a pile of shit for Java development than it is for anything
    else.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "everything i know about animals i learned from
Thorndale, TX      (*   ORA books."                  --alex j avriette