[rescue] HP fbackup help

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Jan 4 14:29:07 CST 2003

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 03:30:13PM -0500, Eric Webb wrote:
> The problem comes when I decided to list files from the tapes as a way to
> check integrity.  I think this basically runs frecover.  I insert the first
> tape and it complains about not finding what it was expecting (I think just a
> tape mark?).  If I instead start the command against tape #2, however, it
> starts listing files without hesitation.

Could it be that the list of files written are at the end of the
archive rather than the beginning?  If this is the only problem I
think you are safe.  To be sure, you could unpack the tapes to a
separate drive and use the checksums to see if the recovery was good.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |