[rescue] Sun Sparcserver 1000 question

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Fri Jan 3 00:32:55 CST 2003

Okay this one has only a single cpu board.

Here is what happens:

I power it up... in the front the left, middle and right light turn on.
Then the right one flicker's a few times and it stay's on like that.

On the back (only 1 system board):
The led's do some stuff and flicker arround. After that only
the 2 green LED's (cpu led's) stay lit.
I tried to console in but didnt get anything. Maybe I have
the wrong cable (it's late at night and I build one quick
with shell's) so I will grab one at work tomorrow that I
know that works.

Looks like the machine is dead...

For the fact that it was tossed in part's into a wet dumpster
and took some serious rain beating that kinda makes sense.
The machine is all dry now but who know's what those corporate
pigs did to that poor little machine :-)

cja,
      thomas