[rescue] EMC Cassettes and schtuff....

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Wed Feb 26 20:45:14 CST 2003

On 2/26/03 8:29 PM, "Mike Hebel" <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> They probably also have EMC firmware and EMC block sizes, which you also
>> do not need.
>
> Nor may be able to be likely to get rid of.
>
> Mike Hebel

SCSITool, from

http://www.nu2.nu/scsitool/

And the right firmware file let me flash ST19171WC drives back to straight
Seagate firmware, which then let me use them in my NetApp 630. The drives
had EMC firmware on them before. To be safe, I reformatted the drives after
the flash. Nary a problem.

The author of SCSITool has a collection of Seagate firmware files. He has a
link on his pages about how to contact him to see if he might have the
correct one for your drive.

Got a lead on this from the list, and I second the hearty recommendations it
got the first time.

Steve

P.S. If anyone has more ST19171WC drives they want to get rid of, let me
know.