[rescue] quad 486

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Tue Feb 25 12:33:37 CST 2003

   I've thought about doing funky side-mounted fans and such, but so far
the machine is keeping up with the tasks assigned to it and I feel no need
for heroic measures yet. :) Both processors are pretending to be 486/33's
(what the daughterboards are wired for) and NT seems perfectly happy to run
asymmetrically. I have another 32M of memory that I could give it, but I
have two primary memory cards and no secondary, so I have nothing to put
that 32M on and I don't feel like spending $75 to get one, especially since
I've been unemployed since November. However, I was able to spring for fifty
cents for an ATI Mach32 EISA video card, which should be able to run in 16-
or 24-bit color and let the webcam work better, so that's the next scheduled
upgrade for this beast.

   --James B.