[rescue] Oh my gosh, an on-topic question! ;^)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Feb 19 09:26:25 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Lockwood" <james at foonly.com>
To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: [rescue] Oh my gosh, an on-topic question! ;^)

> less available.  Liquid butane is actually dandy for pulling off ink but
> most plastics don't take well to the thermal shock.

In that case hexanes work really well.  We had a blow-off cleaner once that
actually sprayed pet ether onto things (hexanes).  Works like a charm...
non-conductive, greasy in chemical properties but quick evaporating with no
residue, and not dangerous to plastics like aromatics are (goof-off/xylene).

Andrew