[rescue] Multia Question

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Feb 18 16:50:31 CST 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 18:03, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > Hmm. I've seen 266MHz 21066 CPUs for the Multia somewhere.
> > Anyway, even if it's a crappy design altogether, it's still a cool
> > little playtoy IMO. Heck, even a SparcStation 2 can be useful for
> > whatever purpose they can handle. :-)
>
>    The difference is that a SPARCstation-2 is well designed.

Well designed? Except for one thing at least. As I learned from this list,
there is something called nvram, a part attached to the main board, with a
battery inside it - battery empty means you can't boot the box anymore and
your mac adress gets reset and more evil things.

This approaches the Compaq hd-based bios hack :-(

--
Frank Van Damme
http://www.openstandaarden.be