[rescue] list intro, fs & wtb

r. 'bear' stricklin red at bears.org
Tue Feb 18 00:37:35 CST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Scott Newell wrote:

> Ought oh...just wait 'till JDB sees that you have a Symbolics 3650...

It's complete, but languishing currently for lack of access to the disk
tools tape or the will to send a couple hundred bucks to Dave Schmidt at
(what remains of) Symbolics to format my new disk for me. The CDC Sabre in
there currently is slowly failing. When I first got it I'm pretty sure it
could've booted far enough into one of the worlds on disk to get a new
disk going and allow a complete restore from tape, but by the time I
learned enough about how the machine worked, and then finally sourced a
new Sabre, the bad blocks had spread just enough that no world would run
sufficiently.

I actually have a number of (untested) spare boards for the 3640, now that
I think of it, if those would be helpful to anybody.

> >http://www.bears.org/~red/typewritten/wanted.html
>
> Linn Rekursiv?  Wow, I'll bet that's gonna be tough to locate.

Yeah, well, dream big, right? (:

ok
bear