[rescue] Re: WordPerfect for Unix (was: SMC blows...)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Feb 16 13:51:59 CST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> > > Then why not run wordperfect natively - emacs zealots seem to have
> >
> > Thus going back to the original question of whether or not a
> > curses-mode version of WordPerfect (like WordPerfect for DOS) exists.
> > for Unix. And, beyond that, if it does exist, if there is any
>
> There was a posting about a multi-user shrink-wrap version for [...]
> http://www.corel.com/news/1998/december/wplinux.htm

If it was in the Corel era, it was probably GUI, not curses. I have the
GUi version installed on my rh5.2 box, although admittedly I haven't run
it in years.

Several Linux distributions include WordPerfect 8 for Linux/X11. Mandrake
and Corel distributions come to mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3401954859
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3401757118
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3402141826

I think I remember running it on VMS 5 at one point, and definitely in
ascii mode (VT240 terminals, not using REGIS or SIXEL. There's probably
media out there somewhere, it's just finding it will be fun.

Rob