[rescue] Multia Question

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun Feb 16 11:36:34 CST 2003

>Well, I wouldn't have any problem with running my fan off the drive power,
>but the problem would be...  would the power supply care about not having
>a load on the fan points on the power supply breadboard?

I doubt it.  (I'd be very surprised if they designed in a fan current
monitor, especially since your previous messages imply that the system
monitors fan speed with either a tach or thermo sensor.)  But if you're
really concerned, why not leave the original fan connected and simply add
your big fan to the drive power connector?  Then disconnect the small fan,
see what happens.  Worst case, and I _seriously_ doubt it will come to
this, is that you add a small resistor as a dummy load to the original fan
connector.

BTW, breadboard usually refers to a hand-built prototype circuit, often
just parts tacked together without any form of etched traces at all.

newell