[rescue] SunOS 5.5.1 inaccessible

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Sun Feb 16 10:17:32 CST 2003

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Loomis, Rip exclaimed:

> I'd like to help convince the original questioner that a later Solaris
> version is a better answer than re-installing 2.5.1.
> Unfortunately, Solaris 8 [0] can no longer be downloaded from Sun for
> free, and an SS10 is a multi-processor-capable box--so officially
> you will be violating the license if you run Solaris 9 on it.  There
> is no license key required to use Solaris 9, however, so it is physically
> possible to at least get the box up-and-running under Solaris 9 while
> you investigate the possibility of getting legal media for one or
> another Solaris version.

Exactly how is the Sol 9 license different than the Sol 8 license?  Does it
not even allow you to run on a machine that is *capable* of MP even if you
only have one processor installed?

-J

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org