[rescue] Need help with Cisco 3620

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Feb 15 17:17:29 CST 2003

Oooh, there's hope yet.  I don't have any Cisco cables or hoods, so I played
around with a hood I had and a straight-through cable and noticed a repeating
pattern of noise on my terminal.  Tried several settings, but it seems that
for some reason this guy is set to 2400-N81.  I played with the "DUART_RST"
jumper and that may have had something to do with it as well.

In any case, I now see the thing booting.  Looks like it has 32MB of memory.
Bootstrap is 11.1(19)AA, Early Deployment Release Software (fc1).

It keeps recycling saying that it "cannot determine first file name on device
flash:".  Then it dumps into a ROM monitor.

I take it this means that the flash card just needs to be loaded, right?
Sadly, I have no PCMCIA cards nor IOS images.  What size card do I need and
where can I get an image (yeah, I know, there's absolutely nothing legal
about receiving an IOS image, and I understand that they're
non-transferrable, too.)

-E.