[rescue] Multia Question

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 15 14:06:39 CST 2003

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Kris Kirby wrote:

> > I know for a fact the fan works fine with the thermistor wire cut.
>
> I actually cut my wire[s] with the power on (I have two multias). The
> thing went from quiet to full-speed. One of them has another fan bolted
> to the existing one but it's a 24V fan [only one I could find :(] and
> it's powered from the 12V rails -- both of them. :-/
>
> They need that wire cut, and supplimental cooling, that's for certain.

Yeah, but I want to replace the fan altogether.  But the fan I want to use
consumes 9W of power!  I don't know if the fan points on the power supply
breadboard were designed to provide that much power.  The fan I want to
use is a whole lot louder, but it pushes something like 12 times as much
air.

Peace...  Sridhar