[rescue] Rescued - Alphaserver 1000a 5/400

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Feb 14 22:00:48 CST 2003

Hi Lads

I went to an auction this morning. Unfortunately I missed out on the good gear I went for (they had a pair of Compaq Xeon III 900/2MB chips and some PCI FCAL adaptors for OpenVMS systems).

But I did rescue one nice system for the home zoo. I got an AS 1000a with a 400MHz processor, 512MB (16 x 32MB), three channel UW-SCSI card, dual 10/100 cards, a video card, and a single 4GB disk cannister. The chassis only has one PSU installed.

The paint on one of the panels is a little chipped, and someone has obviously pinched some disk cannisters and the tape drive - but for 100NZD (54USD) plus sales tax I can't really complain :-)

Best regards,

Gavin