[rescue] a worthy box

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 13 13:06:19 CST 2003

> If anyone is near this guy and they allow pickups, this might
> be a nice deal for someone interested in 8 processor MP sparc config !
>
> It's a 1000E w/8 SM81 and 2 Gig RAM.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3401763251

Nah.  A 1000E is nice to have, but *this*
  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3401768626

is a worthy box for someone interested in 8 processor MP with SPARCs.
The loaded-out 1000E is barely worth the $249 that the seller wants,
IMO, given what else one might be able to buy with that money.
The latter system is worth *way* more than the ~$500 it's going for
right now.  I just wish that I thought that auction was actually
going to end under $1000.

  --Rip