[rescue] Sun 3/60 Power Up

PurpleT3K purpletwilight3000 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 06:15:37 CST 2003

Hi

Trying to get a Sun 3/60 up and running. The system powers
up, and the diagnostic lights on the back flash and then finish
on 'self test finished'. I dont have a working type 3 keyboard
so I'm trying to hook up a terminal to port A (9600-N-8-1) but
nothing is coming up. Anyone tried this before on a Sun 3?
Note there is no HD at this stage.

I have parts from an earlier Sun 3, but the keyboard is damaged
beyond repair :-( (monitor is OK). Anyone with a spare type 3
keyboard or adapter for a type 4 keyboard. Also looking for
a replacement case - as there is some damage on the 3/60
case.

Ian.