[rescue] HVD disks w/ SCA-Connector (was: Unobtainium)

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at Triplan.COM
Wed Feb 12 02:47:42 CST 2003

> Andrew said:
>
> >Are HVD drives with SCA connectors carved out of pure unobtainium?

I had recently snatched a couple of 4Gig HVD 'cudas with SCA connectors. But
I can't use them since I have no means of hooking them up :-(
Run-of-the-mill SCA-Adapters won't work since there are a few differences in
wiring between SE/LVD-SCA-to-HD68 and HVD-SCA-to-HD68 adapters. And the
SE/LVD terminators in "standard" SCA-Backplanes are a different story...

So, does anyone know of

	a) a source for (inexpensive) HVD-capable SCA-to-HD68 adapters
or
	b) a (cheap and "readily available) backplane that will accept HVD drives?

I would prefer b) since it makes RAID-usage and hot-plugging "a little"
easier...

TIA,
Marc

PS: The source I have the drives from appears to have quite a few more of
them at relatively low prices...

--
Marc Gutschner
Entwicklung