[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 21:26:47 CST 2003

--- "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:

> The Atari 800 with disk drive could be said to have 3 or more CPUs
> (6502, Antic, 6507 in the floppy drive).
>
> There are some games for it that did amazing things for the day (
> BallBlazer, Star Raiders, and many more).

I had an Atari 800 "back in the day", and it was a great machine - I
think a big part of it's "coolness" was the sprite graphics - you
design a bit map, then poke values into registers and set it into
motion!

You could even, IIRC, tie the output of the paddles to the registers in
one or two instructions...

=====
Lionel

http://shopping.yahoo.com