[rescue] Bits and pieces of Sun (and some Wintel and Mac) stuff to sell/trade/etc.

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Tue Feb 11 09:28:22 CST 2003

This is by no means a complete list, but I'm so disorganized that I'll
probably need to get this out of the way to figure out what's left.
Some of this I'd like to sell, some I'd like to trade, others I'd probably
give away for shipping costs.  My wish list is at the end.

Sun hardware and parts:
----------------------
Qty 3 SparcStation 2 with 64M installed memory (tested), floppy.
	All 3 have ID PROMS whose batteries have finally gone out, but I've
	seen lots of folks selling them and you can make your own if you like.
	One of these has a CG3 that works; the other has a GX that I think
	has fried itself.   There will be more of these, some with GX, once
	I finish putting memory in it and testing that memory.  Probably
	not worth the cost of shipping (although I suppose I could sell
	any extra GX framebuffers). (I'm near Baltimore.)

Qty 2 Bagged sets of 64M memory for SS2, i.e. 16 4-M SIMMS.
	 (This works in IPX's, too, doesn't it?)  I plugged these in and
	tested them 7/2001, then bagged them up for future use, then never
	used them.  Shippable.

Qty 2 Sparcstation 2 CPU chips.  (I upgraded two machines with Weiteks.)
	These were working when I pulled them (carefully) so they should
	be working now, but I haven't tested them.  Shippable.

Qty 3 standard-issue SUN424 disk drives.  Working: ran format on them recently.
	Just the drives.  Shippable, but might not be worth it.

Qty 1 Conner 3P3540 FH 500M drive and Qty 1 Maxtor 7213SR 200M drive.
	Working: ran format on these, too.  Shippable, but might not
	be worth it.

Qty 1 Sparc 10 speakerbox -- I don't have a way to test this.  Shippable.

Qty 1 Sparc 2-style floppy caddy.  This is the little plastic piece that
	you screw the FD drive to and then slide into the machine.  It's
	similar to the caddies that the SCSI drives go in, but slightly
	different in size/shape.  Shippable.

Funky hardware:
----------------------
HP JetDirect J2552B (box says J2550B but this sure looks like a J2552B
	because it has the Appletalk connector); don't know if it works.
	Shippable.

Dell VC5 laptop docking thingy: has monitor shelf; don't know if it works
	because I don't have a laptop to test it with.  Has various ports
	(parallel, serial, USB, etc.) on the back.  Don't have the AC->DC
	converter for it, though.  Sort of shippable; odd shape though.

Documentation
----------------------
Apple LaserWriter NT Owner's Guide
Digital Unix Installation Guide (from the mid-90's)

Books
-----
Software Portability with imake (Dubois; O'Reilly, 1993)  ISBN 1-56592-055-4
	like new, black marker over bar code on back cover
Display Postscript by Holzgang
Adboe Display PostScript reference manual
@Large (Freedman/Mann; Touchstone, 1997)  ISBN 0-684-83558-4, new,
	black streak across bottom

Software
----------------------
Netscape Directory Server 1.0 for Unix box
BSDI 4.0 box set (docs, CDs), pretty sure it's all there
Sun-Show - ShowMe Version 1.1
Sun-Migr - Solaris 1.0->2.0 Migration CD
Sun-Cat1 - Sun Catalyst CDWare Volume 4
Sun-Cat2 - Sun Catalyst CDWare Volume 5
Sun-Cat3 - Sun Catalyst CDWare Jan-Apr 1995
Sun-Sol - Sun Solutions CD Apr-Sep 1997
Various Cisco documentation CDs from recent years (3/00, 6/98, 2/97, 7/98)
SoftWindows 2.0 for Unix demo (CD) -- think this is for SunOS
Island Write/Draw/Paint demo (CD) -- ditto

Wintel software (just have CDs for these)
----------------------
Ubisoft POD (some Wintel game)
Davidson Third Dimension (more Wintel; game?)
Eraser "Turnabout" (Wintel game, 2 CD)
DK Ultimate Human Body 2.0 (Wintel)

Mac software
----------------------
Start Faxing 1.1.4 (looks like s/w on a couple floppies)
TCP/IP Connection (I have no idea what version)
CodeWarrior 8 box with software, docs

Mac hardware
----------------------
Powerbook 145.

	I'm not sure of this machine's configuration, because I don't
	have the AC adapter necessary to power it up.  And of course,
	when I last borrowed one to do that, I managed to write down the
	config and lose it.  DOH!  But I'm willing to work out something
	based on working/not-working/happy config/unhappy-config etc.

Stuff I want or don't want but need anyway:

Cash.  Don't we all?  :-)

Sparc 5/20 stuff (which as far as I know is interchangeable, somebody tell
me if I'm hallucinating): Sparc 5's and 20's, memory for them (32M DIMMS),
SCA drives (4G and up), and a decent 24-bit framebuffer (I have an TCX/S24).
[Aside: basically, I'm getting rid of all my 2's and trying to build up
5's and 20's.  Yes, I know: hopelessly out-of-date. ;-) ]

The appropriate 168-pin DIMM (5v, 60ns, 2k refresh, 64bit, EDO)
	for an Apple PPC 6400/200, so that I can get the box running,
	pull all the stuff I want off it, and then add it to the list above.

---Rsk