[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Feb 10 23:19:15 CST 2003

On Tuesday, Feb 11, 2003, at 00:08 US/Eastern, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I should probably point out that we're edging dangerously close to
> "developer's personal preferences" territory.  I've programmed in both
> Java and TCL, and I don't find TCL easy at all.

Really? I do. In fact, it was the first scripting language I learned,
direct from O~'s book. I found it ridiculously easy.

> scripting language...and as such is not, and will never be, suited to
> the development of large applications, in my opinion.

I reserve the right to disagree with your opinion. I wrote an email
client in TCL 4 years ago. It was maybe 2500 lines. OK, not a HUGE app,
but the largest I've ever written.

Unfortunately, i ended up hating it as much as every other mail client
I've ever used (until Mail.app, which I hate significantly less than
all the rest).

---sambo