[rescue] Re: Sun Monitor on an SGI

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Feb 10 10:32:29 CST 2003

"JJ Streicher-Bremer" <jj at ratisle.net> writes ...

> I'll reply with more information when my SGI arrives.  I spent my whole
"fun"
> budget of $250 on this:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2305353412
>
> Since it comes with the install media and an extra sled, it seems like an
OK
> deal to me.

Seems OK to me, too.

At first glance, it seems high, but the devil's in the details.

I got a I^2 for free, but (a) it was an R4400/200, not an R10k, (b) it had
less memory, (c) it had no drives, (d) it had no sleds, (e) it's only
Extreme graphics, and (f) I didn't get OS media.

By the time I bought 3 sleds, a couple of disk drives, a little memory, and
obtained OS media, I had about $200 in it, and it's still an R4400 with
Extreme graphics.

So I think you did well.

-Shel