[rescue] Solaris on a PPC

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Feb 8 02:38:38 CST 2003

On 2003.02.07 10:28 Kevin wrote:

> One of the biggest things i like about WM (and forgot to
> mention earlier) is that all i need to install to be 100% up
> and functional is X11, GTK and WM.  That's nothing compared
> to the boat load of crap that Gnome *requires* just to get up
> and running.
One of the reasons I like fvwm2. You can get it up and running from
source real quick. Over the 7 or 8 years that I use X11 I tried some
different windowmanagers, but was back to fvwm2 within one day. fvwm2 is
fast, lean, solid, highly configurable, ... The worst thing I tried was
enlightnment. At startup it complaind about "only 256" colors and that
it could not establish shared memory with the XServer. At that time I
used a SS1+ with CG6 running NetBSD as Xterminal... I use fvwm2
everywhere, except IRIX. 4Dwm is such a nice toy. ;-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen