[rescue] laserjet

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Fri Feb 7 10:42:20 CST 2003

>>Ah.....81K on the page count. I know it's an old machine and it prints
>>winderfully now, but.... is it going to last?
>
> They should last to at least 100K... watch the rollers, they tend to
> go first.  Also, if the LJII's I have are any indication, clean the
> weird looking filter with the stiff cells in it as well.

Yes the should last a long time. We have some HPIIs and IIIs in service
still. A few years ago we bought HP printer maintenance kits for them
and I installed new rollers, fans, and so on. Good as new with the
exception of the drum. If that goes you may want to toss it.

These things are built like tanks, made of real metal, designed to keep
on going...

Steve