Programming Languages (was Re: [rescue] Solaris on a PPC)

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Thu Feb 6 19:08:28 CST 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:05:46PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:35:31PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> > The spiritual successor to the GPL software they built is OpenACS.org.
> > OpenACS is a pretty rocking web toolkit.
>
> I"d love to find something like OpenACS that didnt require AOLserver; I
> dont want to rip up my lovingly-tuned Apache setup.

You can either

a: run AOLserver on a high port like 8000 and use ProxyPass and
ProxyPassReverse to proxy the connections.  A good thing about
AOLserver is that is runs without tuning very well.  Plus, it kicks
even on low-end Solaris boxes, from what I am told (AOLserver is
multithreaded and was originally programmed on Solaris; will even run
MT/MP on SMP boxes).

b: go to nstcl.sourceforge.net and use the all-TCL subset of commands,
which includes the very nice DBMS interface, the ADP templating stuff
and some other bits

--Patrick