e: [rescue] IBM RS/6k 48P

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 08:32:12 CST 2003

--- Al Potter <apotter at spankingnuns.com> wrote:
> Just to prove my point....
>
> A member of this list, who will remain nameless, emailed me off line
> about this thread and my off hand remark that I had plenty of SM100s
> laying around:

> newbie@$domain.dyndns.org said:
> > Well, I'm pretty new to Sun gear, although I'm now truly hooked,
> > but until this thread I don't think I had heard of SM100s before.

Exhibiting curiosity, not a bad thing...

> > So after some Googling it seems they are double-wide MBUS cards
> > with dual SM41s, correct?

Independent research, another good thing...

> > I'm guessing that they must have 1MB cache, since it
> > is an SMP configuration. If you want to get rid of one or more of
> > those SM100s I might be interested, for nothing more than the
> > curiosity factor, and since I have yet to have an S(N)MP machine :)

Heh, you're being to hard on him/her by half, IMHO - they even included
a reference to the on-going SNMP joke...

I think this guy/gal is just looking for some more exp & wants to play
with different hardware... NOTE: If the "newbie" siad they wanted to
really see their SS/10 ROCK by upgrading to SNMP performance, then
there might be a sign of trouble... ;^)

> I was gentle.... and clued him in.

I hope I was too... ;^)

=====