[rescue] again, SGI Onyx rescue

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Thu Feb 6 08:20:06 CST 2003

Hi all,

The Onyx rackmount finally arrived at the office (where there's no
3-phase power).

I was going to photoshop it into a fridge and send it to the list but
didn't want to take the chance of people coming over to beat me :)

boot msgs & hinv output:  http://www.belgers.com/computers/onyxhinv.txt
pictures of the beast:	  http://www.belgers.com/computers/onyx/

For my own curiosity, does anybody have a clue how much this thing
must've cost? (4x R4400 at 100MHz, 64MB RAM, 1GB disk, 2 pipes,
2 multi-channel option boards)

I am willing to sell it, price depends and may be very low if I get to
keep a login. Or if anybody knows a good home for it.. I am asking
around at my former university for instance. I do want some money
though, I didn't get it for free. Location Eindhoven Netherlands.
Some people mailed to be about this before, please contact again.

Cheers,
Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"