[rescue] Recommended patches for old versions

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 6 08:13:59 CST 2003

> > Was there ever a recommended patch cluster for 2.1 or 2.0?
> I thought 2.3 WAS the patch for 2.0->2.2

Yeah.  Running Solaris 2.0 through 2.2 is as pointless as running
IRIX 6.1 -- even if that's the only version you have, it's so
friggin' painful to live in that world that it's worth getting
a newer version.  Any HW that will run 2.0 will either run SunOS
4.1.[34] or will run at least Solaris 2.5.1.

I'm all for continuing to run *good* older versions of operating
systems--but I've never met anyone who actually can defend Solaris
2.x where x<5 -- and it's not really until about Solaris 7
(SunOS 5.7) that there are enough fixes and Good Things to make
me happy with running it in production.

  --Rip