[rescue] SGI/PS2 Keyboards/Mice?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Feb 6 08:11:56 CST 2003

David Holland <dholland at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Is there anything I should be aware of when I'm out looking around for a
> new keyboard and mouse for this thing tomorrow?   Any reasonable guesses
> why one would work, and the other not?

I've never had a problem with any PS2 keyboards or mice.  At this moment, My
Octane is comfortably using a Logitech Marble Mouse (4 button model).  It is
using an SGI-logoed keyboard, but I have used all manner of keyboards, from
generics, to Dell-logoed, to Compaq-logoed, IBM-logoed, and so on.

Does it give a specific failure code?  Does the same failure code occur if
there's no keyboard plugged in?  At this point I suspect a bad keyboard, or
a stuck key - unless you've tested teh keyboard and konw it's good.

I *have* seen poop from several sources on the internet that the "Windows"
key will crash Irix.  I've never managed to duplicate that and so I can't
confirm.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."