[rescue] Good FDDI Concentrator?

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Wed Feb 5 16:53:50 CST 2003

Stoned koalas drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Brian exclaimed:

> ws-x5410 is the part number of a 9 port gige blade I've used in a cat 5k..

I stand corrected.  I was thinking that you couldn't use the Gig-E cards at
all in a 5k, however, Cisco's documentation says the following re the 9
port gig-e card:

"No architectural limitation exists in using this module with the original
Catalyst 5000, however, the Catalyst 5500 Series' 3.6-Gbps backplane will
unlock the full performance benefit of this module."

The 5k only has a 1.2Gbps backplane, right?

-Jeff

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org