[rescue] Re: 20th Anniversary Mac

nick at snowman.net nick at snowman.net
Tue Feb 4 23:47:29 CST 2003

Are you sure someone didn't just steal fc-al GBICs and plug em into gig-e
gear for that 1000BaseCX?  fc-al gbics will work just fine, and happen to
use just the connector you describe, but I was nearly 100% sure copper
never made it into the original gig-e spec, and they had to go from 2 pair
to 4 pair for the later spec..
	Nick