[rescue] HP 45849a -what is it?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Feb 4 14:21:04 CST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> What is this HP 45849A?
>
> It has a small monitor which is tiltable.  On the back under an access
> cover, HPIB, and what looks like 2 serial or parallel ports
> (DB25-like) and one or two other ports I cannot identify.  3 or 4
> mini-VME like slots.
>
> Is it a computer?  It has a manufacture date of October 1986 on it.

Holy crap, I am old... I remember one of those back in the day. :-)

I think it (the product number) sounds like one of those early HP Xt-like
computers. I.e. they were supposed to run DOS, but they were pretty much HP specific. They have
the neat HP monitor, wich tilted inside the case, and I think that series
actually had touch sensitive displays. I dunno which DOS version they will
run, but I am pretty sure it has to be HP specific.

Cheers!