[rescue] SCSI Disk Enclosures and disk space for the BSDs

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Mon Feb 3 15:47:10 CST 2003

I know this comes up periodically, but I wasn't interested before
(silly me).

I have some SPARCstation LX boxes with no (or bad) disks, and some
assorted 50-pin SCSI disks that are too big and/or hot to fit in the LX
case (some of the disks are 5 1/4 full height even).  Any sources left
for enclosures for these with decent power supplies but not too much
money?  I'd rather go with new or a trusted source, as I already have
enclosures with bad supplies.

On a related (to me anyway) note, how much disk space do you need to
reasonably experiment with either of the BSDs on a SPARC?

--
David L. Kindred <mailto:d.kindred at telesciences.com>
Unix Systems & Network Administrator