[rescue] what is value of 750C+ 36" inkjet?

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 3 15:42:59 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: [rescue] what is value of 750C+ 36" inkjet?

> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 01:57:12AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   ...except for people using them for drafting.  My next door neighbor
> > designs golf courses; they have a 750C in their office that they just
> > bought used (a refurb) for about $900.
>
> We have a 650C here.  Mostly used for GIS / visualization prints, and
> abuse by the staff for signs for the kids, etc. 8-)

We run machine/tooling layouts and details, nothing too complex,
and we run anywhere from nothing to 10 or 20 plots a day. It's
fine for our needs.

When we first bought the machine I ran a print of the "Linux kernel map."
I did it in E-size (34"x44") and even at that size the detail was terrible.
It took some time to plot that one. But I sure get some strange questions
when people come into my office and see that poster :)