[rescue] what is value of 750C+ 36" inkjet?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 3 00:57:12 CST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 01:54 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> What's it worth?  Sounds great, but would like to hear any person's
>> views on this.
>>
>> HP 750C+ 36" inkjet.
>> 43Mb ram. Works with any OS.
>> Para and serial standard ports. Directjet (ether/token/localtalk)
>> card and stand included.
>
> Selling or thinking about buying from someone?
>
> I'd imagine the coolness/value of a 36" inkjet plotter would be
> mitigated by the cost of supplies (but, if you need the printout, you
> can justify the cost, I'm sure), and the sheer size of it...
>
> I'd spring up to $100, but I'd have to see it working, and it would
> have to come with some amount of consumables - if no consumables, half
> that (for me it would be a whim purchase)
>
> If selling, I'd say the same thing...
>
> It is a novelty at best, and real money is unlikely for such a
> (delightful) beast...

   ...except for people using them for drafting.  My next door neighbor
designs golf courses; they have a 750C in their office that they just
bought used (a refurb) for about $900.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley