[rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 3, Issue 4

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Feb 2 00:18:44 CST 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 12:57:18AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Is there any way that ISS facilities could help in a situation like
> this, should they conclude that they can't safely land as planned?

I think the only thing to do would be for them to sit and wait, while
we try to get another shuttle up there AS SOON AS FUCKING POSSIBLE.

Books to read, on a similar topic:

"Shuttle Down", by Lee Correy  (an aerospace engineer)

"Descent of Anansi", by Barnes/Niven

Both of these immediately came to mind in this thread.

(of course, so did "Fallen Angels", but its not directly related)

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net