[rescue] Re: [geeks] Crap! Not again...

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Sat Feb 1 13:09:10 CST 2003

Kris Kirby wrote:
> 1) We had an Israeli on board.
> 2) Israelis have problems with Palestinians.

I doubt the PLO has that great a reach.

> 3) Colombia is the oldest shuttle (Challenger was, until it went).

Columbia was the first shuttle, I ever heard about.  I thought the
Challenger was #2.

> 4) `State of Emergency' and Terror Alerts.
> 5) We've been too focused on war rallies; this is a diversion to get our
>    minds off of it.
> 6) `United We Stand (against terror)'.
> 7) This will probably crystalize people against Terror, thus reinforcing
>    The War Against Iraq.

I doubt this is terror related.  I don't think the (Shuttle)=(war on
Iraq) can be automatically assumed.

> Bread and Circuses. I wouldn't be that pissed, but I hate to see human
> life lost for no good reason, especially some of the bright minds that the
> space program borrows. The Space Program is one of the few, pure science
> endeavors left that our goverment has. It may never turn a profit, but has
> the ability to change our lives in material ways.
>
> I live in Huntsville, Alabama, the home of Marshall Space Flight Center. I
> grew up around this stuff -- back when you could still openly walk the
> base without fear of being drug away and questioned. And to think that the
> process will start again, that flights will be suspended and start
> slowly... Tears at the fabric I am made of.

Can't suspend flight...... we've got people on the International Space
Station..... and it's long walk home :-)

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA