[rescue] FWB JackHammer

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sat Dec 20 18:08:26 CST 2003

Does anyone have any experience with FWB JackHammer SCSI cards? The were
for Macs, there were 2 versions - 53c7xx for NuBus and Qlogic ISP 1020
for PCI. I have the Qlogic PCI card (with QLogic 1020 PCI ID) and I am
having trouble with it.

Tried it in a Ultra 5 and in a Linux PC. Got the same problems - it gets
RAM checksum failure, with or without new firmware uploading in driver
startup. Tried some googling and it looks like both Linux and NetBSD
drivers have the same problem with FWB JackHammer. There is a hint from
the NetBSD driver author that this might be SRAM setup issue.

Does anyone have any positive experience with this outside MacOS?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)