[rescue] Alpha PC164 help needed

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sat Dec 20 18:08:21 CST 2003

I have a PC164 ATX mobo with a 500 MHz Alpha (21164 or 21164A, don't
remeber exactly). I'm trying to get netbsd onto it I need SRM for that.
Currently it has AlphaBIOS.

I downloaded the image file for pc164 with SRM, copied it to a floppy
and tried to update the firmware from the BIOS menu. The result was an
error message in the left upper corner of a blank blue screen, telling
me that there is a device failure (exact spelling not written down,
sorry). I tried different floppy disks, different 1.44M standard PC
floppy drive, a different floppy cable and a different PC164
motherboard(!). Still the same. This makes me think that I'm missing
something - what might that "something" be?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)