[rescue] Time to replace the IPX

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Dec 20 18:08:19 CST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Scott Newell wrote:

> At 11:53 AM 11/25/2003 , Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> >Agreed, but still I'd say on its side an Ultra 30 is a good 50% "taller"
> >than an Ultra 1.  I just checked the Ultra 30 in my buddy's office.

> >Made him nice and paranoid.  Came into his office.  Whipped out my
> >leatherman.  Then measured front space =)

> And those dimensions were?

I only measured width, as I pretty much agreed it would be about the
same size otherwise...  7.5"  Approximately.  The leatherman isn't that
great of a ruler, with a break in the middle and everything.

And I'm right.  Looking at
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/U30/spec.html
the dimensions are

Height  45.0 cm (17.7 in.)